At the start of a New Year and a new period of lockdown we are conscious that daily life varies greatly, depending on the stage of life we are at and individual circumstances. For some of us life hasn’t changed greatly, once we have got used to staying at home, yet we are aware of the great pressure that many we know are living with.
Isaiah 40:28-31 is a favourite passage of ours, especially when life is hard going – v. 29 “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” and v.31, “but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Please let us know if you would like to share what encourages you and helps you through difficult times.
For those of us not juggling to help with online learning and working under pressure, perhaps lockdown can be a time to focus on prayer for the needs we are aware of:
- The NHS and all frontline workers.
- Those carrying great responsibility in government.
- Teachers and parents working to support the education of children and young people.
- All who have lost their jobs. For foodbanks and debt relief charities.
- For countries where Covid 19 is just one of the disasters they have to contend with. For David Kereto working with the rescue project with young girls in Kenya.
- For peace and reconciliation to be established in the USA after the election.
- For people we know who are struggling.
We were sad to hear that Stella Jockel died in hospital at the end of December. For many years Stella was the choir mistress at All Saints. We will missed her at the Monday coffee group and Dore and Totley Lunch Club.
Worship services will continue online at 10 o’clock on Sundays and be available to use at other times. After the service there will be a chance to meet and chat via zoom. Please contact the wardens for details.
Are you interested in planning and preparing the events for Lent this coming year? If you would like to be involved, please let Ali Creasey email@example.com know by Sunday 10th Jan as she is looking to arrange an initial planning meeting in the next couple of weeks.
Ann & James